Course Name: Export-Import Professional
Mode of Delivery: Online (Instructor led Live Sessions)
Duration: 1 Month (Fast Track)
Sessions – Monday to Friday
Fee: ₹12,500 + GST @18%
About the Course
The ICEIP is online live (Instructor led) weekends part-time course. The Lectures are conducted either on Saturday evening and Sunday Morning or only on Sundays. The course is specifically designed for working employees, businessmen and students who can devote time during weekends.
The ICEIP online live (Instructor led) weekend course is very much focused and targeted to specific needs. Participants would be glad about the kind of knowledge they will gain in this course. During this course, our expert faculties will train you to-
- Inculcate various entrepreneurial skills needed to handle entire export-import business smoothly
- How to start your own export-import business step by step and learn various types of exporters and benefits
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of various government bodies involved in export-import business
- Thoroughly understand entire export-import procedures and documents
- Make you understand various risks involved in export-import business and how to overcome those risks
- Make you ensure various types of Export-import contracts and challenges involved in each
- Learn various tips for drafting the safest export-import contract
- Provide proper guidance on various modes of payments used in export-import business and risks involved
- Provide complete knowledge of different ways of securing the payments
- Understanding various challenges before selecting product, country, buyer and seller
- Inculcate various effective online marketing skills
- Implement best practice for pricing calculations, strategy and effective negotiation skills
- Learn various B2B and B2C portals, their importance, usage and benefits
- Smartly handling leads over various B2B portals
- Develop insight to understand product wise, country wise export-import trends
- Inculcate skills to run profitable export-import business
The curriculum is systematically divided into 30 sessions.
- Export-Import subject introduction: Why to Export, benefit of Exports to individuals, companies and Nation. Government’s current policies to boost Exports.
- Understanding purpose and functions of various bodies involved in Export-Import Business like DGFT, CHB, Customs Department, GST Department, EPC, CB, FIEO, EIA, ICD, CFS, NVOCC, VOCC, Freight Forwarders, RBI, ECGC, Commercial Banks, Insurance Companies, Seaports, Airports, Surveyors etc…
- Types of Exporters and difference in benefits:
Manufacturer Exporter, Merchant Exporter, Deemed Exporters, SEZ, EOU, EHTP, STP, BTP, AEZ, Service Exporters, Project exporters, Status Holders.
- International Trading Environment: Objectives and role of GATT/WTO in regulating International Trade.
- WTO: Tariff and Non Tariff Barriers.
- Import tariffs and India. Basic Customs Duty, IGST, Anti-dumping Duty, Safeguard Duty & Social welfare Surcharge.
- ITC of IGST on the import of goods and services.
- India’s Foreign Trade and thrust sector in India’s Foreign Trade. Understanding India’s major trading partners.
- Foreign Trade policy and Handbook of procedures 2015-2020. Overview of Export-Import policy, Input Output Norms and ITC (HS) Classification of Goods.
- Export Incentives: Duty Exemption schemes, Advance Authorisation, DFIA scheme.
- Duty Remission Scheme: Fundamentals of Duty Drawback scheme, Admissibility and Types of Drawback Rates.
- Institutional framework for export promotion in India:
Export Promotion Scheme, Export Houses and Trading Houses.
- SEZs in India and Future Prospects. Concepts and benefits under EOU, SEZ & Non-EOU/DTA.
- Understanding Import benefits and Export process through Into-Bond Bill of Entry and Ex-Bond Shipping Bill.
- Understanding the working of NFE (Net Foreign Exchange Earner) Calculations.
- Export documentation: commercial documents, regulatory documents. Some important documents for importing country like Certificate of Origin, GSP Certificate, Compulsory Pre-Shipment Inspection Certificate, Phytosanitary Certificate, Health Certificate.
- The significance of some important documents like Performa Invoice, Commercial Invoice and other different types of invoices, Packing List, Shipping Instructions, Bill of Exchange, Shipping Bill and different types, Bill of Entry and different types and Bill of Lading and different types.
- List of documents required to be submitted by the exporter to various authorities, organisations & agencies.
- Export sales contract, terms of delivery and INCOTERMS (2020): EXW, FCA, FAS, FOB, C&F / CFR, CIF, CPT, CIP, DPU DAP, DDP.
- Export Pricing Decision: Understanding competition, different pricing strategy, understanding costing and different costs involved in pricing according to delivery terms.
- Understanding different modes of payment in Export-Import Business: Advance Payment, Documents against Payment DP), Documents against Acceptance (DA), Letter of Credit (LC), Open Account.
- Understanding various advantages and risks impacting Exporters and Importers while using various modes of payments.
- UCPDC (Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credit) 600 and Rules
- Types of Letter of Credit
- Credit Risk Management: Export Credit Guaranty Corporation (ECGC) and its Credit Risk Insurance Policies, Commercial Risks, Political Risks, Risks Covered, Risks Not Covered, Stages of Operation, Percentage of Risk Covered, Resale of unaccepted goods, Re-Import and settlement of the claim with ECGC.
- Role of Bank in Export Business.
- Export Finance: Pre-Shipment and Post-Shipment Bank Finance.
- Submitting documents to the bank for Purchase, collection/negotiation under DA, DP, LC.
- FEDAI (Foreign Exchange Dealers Association of India) and Rules.
- RBI rules governing exports.
- Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) and Exports: Export realization, time extension, agency commission, discount reduction in invoice value, overdue export bill and write off unrealized export bills.
- Marine Risk and Marine Insurance Policy: How to Insure, Who can Insure, ICC (Institute Cargo Clauses).
- War and SRCC cover, Risks covered and risks not covered, Extraneous Perils, Features of Marine Insurance Policy, Marine Insurance Certificate and Types of Marine Insurance Policies, Procedures and Documents for filing Claims.
- Steps in organizing your own Export-Import firm/company
- How to get Export-Import License (Importer Exporter Code No.)
- Steps and procedure for getting IEC No.
- International Marketing: Basic Concept.
- Difference between Marketing, Export Marketing, International Marketing, Multinational Marketing and Global Marketing.
- International Marketing: Market Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning.
- Introduction to Online Marketing, E-Mail Marketing, Online Advertising, Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Social Media Marketing: Social Networking as a Marketing Tool, Facebook Marketing.
- Important points to be kept in mind while designing and developing your firm’s website.
- Online Marketing and trade information for exports, Export-Import and use of the internet for identifying Export products and finding buyers online. Understanding B2B Portals. Free listing and paid listing in different B2B portals.
- Packing, Packaging, Labeling, Shipping Marks, Shipping Numbers, Cargo Handling Marks/Symbols and instructions of Export Cargo. Solid wood packaging material and ISPM 15.
- Applicability of GST to Imports & Exports.
- Zero-rated supply of export and supply to SEZ.
- Export under Bond or Letter of Undertaking.
- Refund of IGST paid on export of goods and services.
- The relevant date for filing refund of IGST/ITC on the export of goods and services.
- Excise introduction basic concepts; Excise Exemptions, Excisable and Non-Excisable Units. Inspection and stuffing of GST paid goods at factory premises for Export & procedures involved.
- Purpose and fundamentals of Export (Quality Control and Inspection) Act. 1963. Export.
- Inspection Council: Compulsory Pre-Shipment Inspection Certificate and Procedure.
- Export of Plant, Plant products and WTO SPS Measures
- VAT and CENVAT.
- Containerization and types of Containers.
- FCL (Full Container Load), LCL (Less than Container Load) Cargo.
- Understanding the weight and volume of 20 and 40 feet containers.
- Export of Goods: Procedure of Custom clearance and EDI Filing of Shipping Bill through Sea, Air, Coastal Goods, Inland Container Depot (ICD), Container Freight Station (CFS).
- Shut Out Shipment, Short Shipment and Amendment of Shipping Bill.
- Dispatch of export samples through courier.
- Import of Goods: Import Policy, Import License.
- Import of Goods: Custom Clearance for Home Consumption and Bonded Cargo Procedures.
- Custom Valuation, Assessment and Examinations Procedures.
- Baggage Rules 1998, Duty-free allowances to incoming passengers. Export and Import of Foreign Currency and Indian Currency, Customs Clearance of incoming passengers at Green Channel and Red Channel at International Airport.
- Processing of an Export Order.
- Marketing Plan for Exports.
Detailed study material will be provided. The content is written in simple English language and is very easy to understand. The course content includes entire export-import procedures, government’s policy, export benefits and the whole business activities.
After completion of a ICEIP course, each participant will be awarded a certificate issued by IISFT.
ICEIP is 1 Month online live (Instructor led) fast track course