The course ICCFF will help you giving a successful start to your career in shipping and logistics sector. It is utmost important to understand all export-import regarding procedures to understand the real practicalities of shipping and logistics business, hence the course ICCFF is a rich content of export-import, customs procedures, freight forwarding, shipping activities and outbound logistics process.
- Understand international trading environment
- Understand roles and responsibilities of various government bodies involved in export-import business
- Export-import procedures
- Understand various types of exporters and benefits
- Understanding thoroughly various export-import and shipping related documents
- Understand role and responsibilities of Customs.
- Master entire custom clearance process step by step
- Have a practical hand on preparing various custom clearance regarding documents
- Visualise the flow and movement of export-import cargo
- Learn the role of clearing, forwarding and ship agents
- Bring to your knowledge the various functions of VOCC, NVOCC and liner shipping activities
- Make you understand process of cargo consolidation
- Bring to your knowledge various transhipment rules and procedures
- Make you understand the process of re-import and reexport of cargo
- Make you aware of various challenges of custom house brokers and freight forwarders
Export Procedure and Documentation
The module helps you to understand each and every procedure relating to export business as shipping and logistics perspective.
- Understanding various bodies involved in facilitating export-import business
- Types of exporters
- Exporters registration with DGFT and significance of IEC No.
- Export documentation
- Significance of export documents
- Bill of Lading and types of Bill of Lading(BL)
- Preparation of BL and utmost importance of BL in shipping business
- INCOTERMS and its significance in shipping movements and logistics
- Various forms of export contracts and its significance while preparing customs regarding documents
- Practicality and efficiency in accordance with small parcels, LCL, containerised cargo break bulk cargo and bulk cargo.
- Compulsory and voluntary pre-shipment inspections
- Various export incentives
- Excise clearance procedures
- Institutional framework for export promotion in India
- Export through courier
- Export of samples
Import Procedure and Documentation
The module covers all import procedures and policy matters
- Introduction to International trading environment
- Structure, objectives and role of WTO in regulating international business
- Import policy and general notes regarding imports
- Import policy product wise, industry wise
- Product wise various types of import duties
- Tariff and non-tariff barriers in international trade
- Import tariff benefits to various DTA/SEZ/EOU imports
- Effective negotiation skills for imports
- Custom valuation process for import cargo
- Small parcels, LCL, Containerise cargo, break bulk cargo, bulk cargo and process for imports
- Various import contracts and freight movements
- Importers risks and safety measures
- Special Economic Zone and procedures
- Export Orianted Unites and procedures
- Import through courier
- Import of samples
Foreign Trade Policy and Marine Insurance
The module Foreign Trade Policy (FTP) covers current export benefit schemes, procedures and policy matters of current FTP 2015-20. The module also covers Marine Insurance and procedures.
- Foreign Trade Policy and frame work
- Foreign Trade Policy and Hand Book of Procedures 2015-20
- General provisions of export and import
- DGFTrole and importance
- Standard Input-Output Norms
- ITC(HS) Classification of Goods
- Various export related schemes and incentives like MEIS, Status Holders, Deemed Exports etc..
- Advance Authorisation Scheme and procedures
- Export Promotion Capital Goods Scheme and procedures
- Marine Insurance: policy, types of policies and framework,
Customs and Freight Forwarding
The participants will undergo entire custom clearance process step by step with preparing all the documents for manual and EDI procedures and will understand freight forwarding and logistics industry
- Introduction to Customs
- Role of Customs
- Important documents regarding customs
- Import duties and other non-tariff barriers
- Levy of import duties
- Calculation of import duties
- Mannual and EDI export custom clearance procedure and preparation of documents
- Mannual and EDI import custom clearance procedure and preparation of documents
- High seas sales and bonded warehouse procedures.
- Movement of cargo between various locations like ICD,CFS and Gateway ports
- Consolidation of cargo
- Transhipment of cargo
- Transhipment rules and procedures
- Re-import and re-export of goods and procedures
- Role of clearing, forwarding, ship agents, stevedores, NVOCC and VOCC.
- Linkage between NVOCC, VOCC, Freignt Forwarders, Custom House Brokers and other logistics providers
To make you practically more confident and well-versed with all custom clearance and freight forwarding related process, the course ICCFF is designed by keeping in mind real life practical environment. the participants will be equipped on practicing and preparing various customs relating documents and handling customs regarding quires as per real work environment.
Each lecture will be followed by projects and assignments to make participant thoroughly understand the subject matter.
ICCFF is 16 week (part time) course